braised pork pot stickers
- 1.5 lb country style pork
- 1 large onion
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 c honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp chinese five spice
- 1 cup thawed peas
- 1 pack pot sticker wrappers
- In a food processor blend: roughly chopped onion, garlic, and soy sauce.
- Place frothy mixture into thick bottomed pot.
- Add sesame oil, honey, and chinese five spice to pot and whisk together.
- Nestle pork into mixture and bring to a boil.
- Quickly reduce heat. Simmer for two hours with lid open a crack for steam to escape.
- Stir every twenty minutes so bottom of pork doesn't burn.
- Remove lid at the last ten minutes so pork can caramelize.
- Shred pork after it cools and add thawed peas.
- (Serve with rice and eat as is or make pot stickers.)
- Moisten edges of pot sticker wrappers with a wet finger.
- Place pork and pea mixture in the middle of wrapper.
- Seal the edges with fingers making sure there aren't any air pockets.
- Place in a heated oiled pan(medium heat). Cook one side for a minutes, turn all pot stickers over, add a splash of water and lid to pan. Let steam for a couple minutes. Remove lid and let all the water evaporate.