pear chutney with honey
- 2-3 pears(any kind)
- 3 tbsp Half Moon wildflower honey(any honey will do, but local is always tastier)
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp minced red onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp thyme(lots in my garden, but crushed rosemary or lavender will be nice too)
- 5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- In a saucepan, saute onions in oil on low heat for 5 minutes until soft.
- Chop pears into small chunks and add to saucepan.
- Add a pinch of salt, thyme, cider vinegar and water to the pears.
- Bring to a boil, then quickly reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve as is or use a blender and pulse a couple of times. Leave a little chunky.