There are a few things I can truly get behind and become a lifelong cheerleader for. Jojoba oil is one of them. I’m as crazy for it as my grandmother used to be about Vaseline, and I smather it on my face every night. Succulents are another favorite of mine. If you killed a succulent, there is no hope for you in the gardening realm. And then there’s parchment paper, that crinkly thin gossamer of all papers–sturdy enough for NYC pizzerias(countless pizzas have been eaten sleeved within a sheet) and pretty enough to wrap gifts in. You can use aluminum foil in its place, but that’s like drinking wine out of a box. No one should judge, but it’s just not chic.
- 1.5 lb. of firm fish for four(swordfish, halibut, salmon are all good here)
- 1 can cannellini beans(white kidney beans)
- 2 c cherry tomatoes(halved)
- 1 c snap peas(ends snipped)
- 8 green olives(pitted and halved)
- 8 black olives(pitted and halved)
- 4 tsp capers
- 4 tbs butter
- 2 tsp white wine
- salt and pepper
- 4 sheets of parchment paper(approx. 13" x 14")
- Dry four pieces of fish with a paper towel. Salt and pepper both sides liberally.
- Fold parchment paper in half and then open up. Pile ingredients onto right of folded line in this order:
- About 1/4 c beans go down first, then a piece of fish. Place 1 tbs of butter on top of fish.
- 1/4 c halved cherry tomatoes, 1/4 c snap peas, 4 green and black olives, and 1 tsp of capers go on top of fish. 1/2 tsp white wine goes on top of everything.
- Fold paper starting at one end and work your way to the other end.
- Repeat for the other three. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Place on a plate and with scissors, cut an opening on top of package.
- Drizzle 2 tbs of macadamia pesto on top and serve with bread.